Give the Gift of Girl Scouting: Make the world a better place by making a gift that will help build tomorrow's leaders! Click below to donate online, or mail your gift to: GSEM, 95 Berkeley St, Suite 404, Boston, MA 02116
Every summer, Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts offers a quality summer camp experience to more than 6,000 girls. For many of these girls, the dream of going to camp would be out of reach without some form of financial support. Last year, we provided camp scholarships to more than 450 girls, giving them the experiences that only Girl Scout Camp can provide. Please help us make a girl's dream come true by donating today. A contribution of $300 will fund a full week of camp for one girl.
As part of the Girl Scouts' 100th anniversary celebration, we are offering the opportunity to support the Campership Fund by participating in the Pathway to Leadership Commemorative Brick Program, which will restore a portion of the maze at Camp Cedar Hill.
Pathway to Leadership
Commemorate the Past, Celebrate the Present, Look forward to the Future
Support the future of Girl Scouting and invest in tomorrow’s girls by making a lasting gift today. As part of the Girl Scouts’ 100th anniversary celebration, Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts honored an important piece of our own local history by revitalizing an area that was part of the original Cedar Hill maze in Waltham. The Pathway to Leadership is adorned with commemorative bricks inscribed with personal messages that represent the Girl Scouts’ rich history. Help us build the path for a strong future for tomorrow's Girl Scouts and be forever part of the Girl Scout legacy by purchasing a commemorative brick. Your donation will benefit our Campership Fund, which provides hundreds of girls with the opportunity to experience the joys of camp. Your Girl Scout brick purchase includes:
- A 4" x 8" brick with your personal inscription included as part of the maze pathway at Cedar Hill.
- An official certificate of acknowledgment bearing your inscription and commemorating your place in Girl Scout history.
S.H.A.R.E. Annual Fund
Every girl has the potential to make a difference in the world. That's why every dollar you give to the Girl Scouts is so crucial. Your support of the Support Her Activities, Resources, and Experiences (S.H.A.R.E.) Annual Fund supports more than 500 programs and services for the 41,000 girls and 18,000 adult volunteers we serve. The S.H.A.R.E. Annual Fund is an essential part of the success of Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts:
- The $12 membership fee that each girl pays is sent directly to the Girl Scouts national office. S.H.A.R.E. Annual Fund donations, however, stay in eastern Massachusetts and benefit local girls.
- The cost to provide programming to each girl is $290 annually. Your donation helps us bridge the gap between fees charged and actual program costs.
- S.H.A.R.E. Annual Fund donations allow the Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts to subsidize fees to keep programs cost-effective for every family, fund program and safety training for volunteers working with girls, offer financial assistance and maintain our 13 camp properties.
You can make your gift online today to ensure the Girl Scout program that has empowered women for 100 years will continue to inspire the girls in your community to be the best they can be.
Why Give to Girl Scouts
For 100 years, Girl Scouts has done more than any other organization to provide leadership opportunities specifically for girls. Our alumnae are living proof of the positive impact of Girl Scouting in the world.
At any given point in time, approximately 10 percent of girls are Girl Scouts, yet:
- Eighty percent of women business owners were Girl Scouts.
- Sixty-nine percent of female U.S. Senators were Girl Scouts.
- Sixty-seven percent of female members of the House of Representatives were Girl Scouts.
- Virtually every female astronaut who has flown in space was a Girl Scout.
America's most accomplished women in public service, business, science, education, the arts and community life are Girl Scout alumnae. In 2012, we will mark 100 years of Girl Scouting.
Our goal is to support every girl with the opportunity to be the leader she wants to be, and the leader the world needs her to be. Join us in making a promise to girls that every girl in this generation will reach her fullest potential, wherever she lives, whatever challenges face her and however great the journey to what she can become. Learn more about The Campaign for Girls.
Save the Date
22nd Annual Leading Women Awards Breakfast
Thursday, November 7, 2013
Sheraton Boston Hotel
Registration will open in August. Please email Mary Tiernan or call 857-453-5304 for more information about the event.
Nominations for Leading Women are now being accepted. Please tell us about someone who deserves to be honored in 2013!
Thank you for joining the celebration
We hope you joined us in celebrating 100 years of Girl Scouting! Some highlights from our anniversary year:
100th Anniversary Forever Green Party for the Planet
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Franklin Park Zoo, Boston
All Together Volunteer Celebration & Awards
Saturday, April 28, 2012
UMass Boston, Boston
Forever Green Festival
Sunday, June 3, 2012
The Barnstable County Fairgrounds, East Falmouth
Forever Green Camporee
Friday, June 1 - Sunday, June 3, 2012
The Barnstable County Fairgrounds, East Falmouth
Learn about how girls earned the 100th Anniversary Patch. Check out our "100 things to do for the 100th" activity resources.