Girl Scout Cadettes
Girl Scouts in Grades 6-8
Who are Cadettes?
Cadettes have more control of what they do as Girl Scouts and are encouraged to pursue individual and group goals. Girls at this level are making the transition from younger to teen Girl Scouting.
Cadettes make nearly all decisions about their program, guided by the National Program Portfolio and Girl Scout Leadership Experience. Meetings vary a great deal, depending on individual and group projects, which are more complex than younger levels of Girl Scouts. The meetings vary a great deal, depending on individual and group projects, which are more complex than younger levels of Girl Scouts. The meetings will involve learning about a topic or a concept, and then taking steps to improve the world through education or service.
Cadettes have more advanced, formal leadership training and may work as Program Aides in troops, at council programs and at camp. They earn badges and may earn the Silver Award, the highest achievement for Cadettes.
As a Cadette, you might ...
- Attend resident camp and travel to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket
- Become a Program Aide and help at program events
- Go whitewater rafting with a river guide
- Bake for National Bread Day and donate bread to a shelter
- Take a troop trip to New York for the weekend
- Do as much as you can on your own, before asking adults for help
- Become a certified babysitter
- Sell cookies to help finance Destinations
- Decide on, organize and implement plans with little input from adults
Girl Scout Journeys are leadership programs that enable girls to plan and make decisions at every level.
It's Your World – Change It!
Life is aMAZE of relationships. Cadettes maneuver through its twists and turns to find true friendships, plenty of confidence and maybe even peace.
It's Your Planet – Love It!
In Breathe, girls learn strategies for clearing the air – physical and metaphorical – involving personal leadership.
It's Your Story – Tell It!
Cadettes look for the ME in MEdia and learn how they can shape media for themselves, their community and the world.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts offers a wide variety of programs for all Cadettes -- girls in troops and girls who are independent members.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts Patch Programs (all PDF):
- Making A Positive Impact
- Freedom Trail
- Tale of Two Cultures
- Oceanography Badge - Council's Own
- Discover Nursing Badge - Council's Own
How to Join
Joining Girl Scouts is lots of fun and a great way to learn new things, make friends, and develop leadership skills. Girls in grades K-12 and adults can join Girl Scouts any time during the year.
Volunteers make Cadette Girl Scouts happen. Please sign up with your Cadette!