Girl Scout JUNIORS
Girl Scouts in Grades 4-5
Who are Juniors?
Juniors take on most responsibilities for their troops, and act as leaders and managers. They work with younger girls and in the community.
Juniors make most decisions about their troop and can run their own meetings. They gain tremendous confidence through planning their troop's activities for the year.
They collect dues, keep records, assign and carry out tasks and organize short trips.
Junior Leadership and Badges
They earn badges, which require some skill and proficiency.
Juniors may also work on the Leadership Award, Junior Aide, Junior Girl Scout Signs and the Bronze Award.
As a Junior, you might ...
- Volunteer at an animal shelter, making a nicer temporary home for the animals
- Plan and host a dance in your community
- Challenge your limits in the Adventure Series
- Connect with a Girl Scout who lives overseas
- Work together to organize a Try-It workshop for Brownies
- Manage your group's finances
- Earn the Bronze Award, the highest achievement for a Junior
- Sell cookies to pay for a trip to a horseback riding ranch
- Attend resident camp for a week
Girl Scout Journeys are leadership programs that enable girls to plan and make decisions at every level. The first was introduced in 2008, and the second will come in Fall 2009.
It's Your World - Change It!
They journey through a spiral of power! Girls learn to combine their individual power to take action and improve their community.
Agent of Change
It's Your Planet - Love It!
Juniors will Get Moving and build their skills as leaders who energize, investigate and innovate!
Get Moving! - coming soon
Girls Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts offers a wide variety of programs for all Juniors -- girls in troops and girls who are independent members.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts Patch Programs (all PDF):
- Troop Terrific
- Making A Positive Impact
- Design Squad
- Tale of Two Cultures
- Activity Guide for Juniors (Kitchen Science)
- Oceanography Badge - Council's Own
How to Join
Joining Girl Scouts is lots of fun and a great way to learn new things, make friends, and develop leadership skills. Girls in grades K-12 and adults can join Girl Scouts any time during the year.
Volunteers make Junior Girl Scouts happen. Please sign up with your Junior!